Friday, April 24, 2015

Chalk Board and Chalk Board Paint Paint

One of the worst things to happen to me is to run out of an awesome color in paint. So I love to premix my colors to save for future projects. Right not I love to mix chalk board and chalk paint and store them in baby food jars. Now  I should first clarify, chalk board and and chalk are two different types of paint. "Chalk board paint" is like the name says, is paint you use to make a chalk board and
I found my chalk paint spongy after about 2 months.
you use chalk. "Chalk Paint" is paint that has a "chalky" feel to it and used to furniture, jars, etc. It has a vintage vibe to it. The great thing I love it is easy to make both an the recipe has the same ingredients. 

  • Paint
  • Plaster of Paris or Unsanded Grout
  • Water
"Chalk Paint" 

2 Cups Paint
1/3 Water
2 Tablespoons of Plaster of Paris

Mix well and paint what you life. I will warn you that Chalk Paint, at least the homemade stuff I make, doesn't last forever. Eventually it it becomes this spongy like consistency. 

"Chalk Board Paint" 

1/4 paint
1/2 table spoon Plaster of Paris
A little dash of water if you fell like it.

Again, mix well and paint the surface you like. Just make sure you paint something that could really use chalk board paint on it. Its pretty goofy to put chalk board paint on mugs. As cute as it looks, it not fun getting chalk on your hands while drinking your coffee. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment