Friday, May 1, 2015

Escape to Art

Everyone had some darkness in their life. Sometimes is small and short lived. Sometimes it can consume their entire life, or maybe it was an epic battle that left you with deep scars. As a child growing up I faced many dark places. I wish I could go into detail. I wish I could share more of my child hood, but parts of me are not ready for that yet. Just know that their were certain areas that I wish could have been different. I wish they could have been better. However, those rough areas of my life growing up, help mold me into that person I am today. They pushed me to the world of art, which became such a huge part of my life.

As a child, I couldn't control much of my life. I was pushed in directions, that I knew in my heart was not meant for me. Yet when I was able to paint, it was my escape. I could make and create anything with my own hands. Yes, I still had rules, but rules on how to create something for the effect I wanted in a painting or how to properly secure a necklace. There were not rules on what I could not create. I could go anywhere, I could make anything.

When the world I lived in seemed to be crashing upon me I would turn my blank canvas and paint something else. For a time, my family fell on hard time. They could not afford to by me canvas. So what did I do? I went a found wood boards and kept painting. I took every blank of piece of paper I could snatch and paint something.  Now that I am older and look back to those dark places, I know they help create me.

In a painting, you can't have have all bright colors and light without the darkness to form the details. You need the harsh lines, or the shadowing, or the opposite color which makes the light brighter. The details fuller.

These are just my thoughts for today.

Inspire and Create




No comments:

Post a Comment