Friday, April 3, 2015

Mini Paintings Ideas

I am used painting larger canvas. The smallest I usually do is 8x10 inches. But lately I have been painting on these tiny ones that are only 4x4 inches and so easy to work with.
I have a thing for landscapes and sweets lately.
     They are just too cute! They are so sweet and inspiring. I love how you can have a little masterpiece that can fit right in the palm of your hand.  
     You can usually buy these adorable little canvases from a local craft store for a few bucks. I got a package of 6 for about $3.00  from Hobby Lobby after using their 40% of coupon. You can also get them from Walmart for about 97 cents for one. At crafts stores you can also get longer and even smallers, but I prefer this size. 

 I usually like to draw a little something by hand as a guide line, especially for my little cake paintings. It doesn't take much to fill the canvas so something like a little landscape or a slice of cake or cupcake works wonderfully on such a tiny space. 

    When it comes to the landscapes, you can draw a line for where a montain line or tree could be. The middle one in the bottom row in the picture above was rally easy. Just light blue above and some swooshs of white froma tiny brush to make clouds. Then with some dark purple and green, I dotted up and down to make the illusion of distand trees. The front ground was a play of colors with strokes of green, mustard yellow and some purples. 
           With tiny canvases like these don't be afraid to play with colors. I used oil paintings, but you can definately use acrylics or even watercolors for a more flowy feel. And with it being so tiny, you don't have to use to much, which means much less mess. They are just too cute! Try and make your own little master piece. 


Stay Creative and Inspired


~Nata

No comments:

Post a Comment