Friday, April 10, 2015

Inspired by the little things.



I think all too often people search for the big "AH-HA" moment which will inspire them. Maybe if you traveled the world you could change it. Maybe if you won a competition you could prove yourself to the world. Maybe if this big, mega, epic thing just happened, you would finally feel like you needed to reach for the stars!...

The problem is though, those are a lot of "maybe"s. That is a lot of waiting. And that is a lot of dreaming without putting actions to support those dreams. It reminds me of when I was teenager, wanting to figure out where I suppose to go in life. I had so many ambitions, so many ideas, but I felt for me to complete these ideas or even go after them, something big was suppose to happen. Like if I wanted to be an artist I had some epic piece worth seeing. It was a perfect excuse for me to hide behind.

I think that is what a lot of people do. They set the bar high, so they can hide. It can be scary sometimes to realize what you have to go through to reach for your goals. Its easy to hide behind waiting for large "AH-HA" moment that will finally push you on your path.

It wasn't until I reached my college years did I start to appreciate the smaller, more finer, things in life. These smaller moments started inspire me to reach for something more. I would see one of my used paint brushes, and be proud because I was using the tools of my trade and it would inspire me to do more. I would sip a cup of tea and that would refresh me again to feel better and go on. It was in college that I started buying myself flowers to keep in my room, just to keep things bright and fresh around me.

It was the smaller things in life that inspired me in smaller steps to keep going. It was song here, a conversation there, a view from my window or a glance at the time. Randomly little moments, I found that kept me motivated and passionate. Instead of waiting and dreaming of a big epic moment to give you that push, start small. Find your little bit of inspiration now. Maybe you wrote a little poem on a scrap of paper. Try finishing it. Maybe you saw a flower and thought about your long passion for photography. Go ahead and go for it. Don't waste time waiting for something you could doing right.

Stay Creative and Inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment