Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Respect Between Artist and Costumer

This is just my general opinions about matter like this. I often read on Facebook crafters,artists, craftsmen arguing with costumers and arguing among themselves. These sarcastic memes pop up with listing what you pay for for an object. Costumer complain about people charging too much. In the end its just huge argument of"me me me and what I want."

Yes. An artist or craftsmen is worth his work. Skills take time to refine and master. The products of an artist's work is worth a fine price. However, this wonderful concept for honest good craftsmanship is suddenly ruined when anyone adds, "I want this!" or "I deserve this."

The artist or craftsmen demand they get paid for their work. Which is not bad, but its when you add in "I went to 4 years of school for this!" "I've been doing this all my life!." "I've paid good money for this equipment!" That all fine an dandy. But the thing is. There are plenty of people lets say, photographers for instance who went to school for 4 years and have thousands of dollars of equipment, but are lousy at the job. Myself, I have been painting for nearly 20 years. Its a part of my life. Its something I do nearly daily. But I people are not paying me to live my life. People are not paying you to own fancy tools. Your costumers are not the banks so you can pay off your loans. Understand your skills are worth more than just something you do. It something that should be a part of you. And yes, you should get paid a fair price. But you should not guilt people into thinking its their fault you have $3000 dollar camera or a $20 paint brush, so they need to pay for it.

Costumers. You are not off the hook. Realize you work hard for your money as well, however you earn your honest money. Good artists and craftsmen know this. But don't think your money is worth somehow more than theirs. If you have 20 dollars or they have 20 dollars. It is still 20 dollars whoever owns it. Don't degrade a person by thinking your $20 dollars is worth more than them having it. Don't expect quality service or items for the price of pocket change either. You want a beautiful one of kind piece of art hanging above your couch, then either do it yourself or pay someone for it. If you want it for $25 bucks, then realize it won't be one of a kind and Target sells plenty.

Above all people. Respect each other. Respect the people who pay you for your crafts and skills. Respect the people who offer such skills and services and appreciate they are willing to do it for you. Money is needed in the world to keep up daily life but don't make it determine who a person is worth or think it gives you power to degrade another. Respect each other and both can walk away happily.

No comments:

Post a Comment