Friday, May 20, 2016

By the Window

My daughter often sits here by the window in her bedroom that she shares with her brother. The sunlight come through the messy smeared glass. The marks of children's dirty fingers and lips that had pressed up against the glass. Its a window that has seen better days and used to have clearer glass. Even when it is cleaned it is quickly dirtied by creative little hands. But this window pours in the light that capture the most precious of pictures I take. My children look out from that window when they excited to see me come home. And they have cried from that window when they watch me leave for work for the day. By that window is where the most meaningful moments have happened. The conversations I had about the concerns of 4 year old little girl. That is where I had adventure across the dresser with a little boy. This window has seen the life of a mother and father and two precious children running in and out of the room.  It has been the window we use to break into our house when we are lock ourselves out! (This has happened more than once.)  Its just a glass pane in a metal frame built into a wall. But its been the safe view from outside and inside entertaining and keeping my children.



No comments:

Post a Comment