Friday, May 22, 2015

Mason Jar Centerpieces

Nothing can brighten up a table like a well put centerpieces. They are the center to the wedding tables, the conversation starter in your living room, the piece you give to a friend as a get well. The easiest way to start is with a vase.
But sometimes these centerpieces can be expensive. A pretty vase alone can cost you an arm and a leg. But what do you always have around? Jars. Jars are awesome because they can be created to be wonderful centerpieces for any table.

Recently my local area had me put together the centerpieces for MOPS Extend Your Reach program. With 80 women attending we had to think of something that we could easily put together, that was pretty, well put and didn't cost an arm and leg. Bring your jars! Mason jars or Prego jars or even baby food jars. These glass containers have many uses.

Nothing a little painting change up. Take your brush and some cheap paint and have at it. Pinterest is chock full of ideas. These jars I simple got cheap paint from Walmart. (The 50 cent stuff.) With a brush I painted on a few layers and got beautiful colorful jars. Some of them I got spunky enough to put a layer of Mod Pog over it and sprinkled glitter all over it.
But don't just stop at the jar add something of interest. Use fake flowers or make your own with coffee filters. I did this one with coffee filters I dyed pink. (Watered down cheap walmart paint.) Then I took an old book and painted it to give it characters. Don't be afraid to try something like painting the covers of old books as well. If you have the tools I would slice your own wood pieces and paint those as well.
 Have fun with it.

Until another day.
Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment