Friday, March 13, 2015

Lacking Luster Days

It happened. A boring day overcame you. All the things you have to do, all that you could do suddenly don't matter and you are bored out of your mind. Slowly the boredom trickles into aggravation because you can't find yourself doing anything other than wallowing in boredom and feeling useless. Its suddenly a bad day for no reason at all.

Inspiration in the everyday is sometimes hard to find. There are long hours where I wish I could find the right quote, do a fun craft, find the perfect outfit, just something to lighten my day and put in skip in my step. It is not that something bad happened, it is just a boring day grabbed a hold of me and went with it. Without realizing it I find myself stumped. The easy thing to do would to be hang out in jammies and sit on Facebook secretly complaining how everyone else is having fun or at least someone to talk too.

Sometimes the answer is right in front of you. Maybe it is not that you can't find something to do, but your mind is telling you not to do something. Instead of feeling you need to fill time, it is time to waste time just being at peace. Go to the couch or your favorite chair. Heck crawl into bed and let yourself rest for a few moments. Push the negative thoughts and feelings of boredom aside and simply exist. Let yourself just be.

Sometimes when you are stuck in mental rut it can help by doing a simple task. The other day I went and bought myself some flowers. With the weather being wonky with it sunny one day then snowing the next it felt nice to have some dusty pink flowers in the house to brighten the place up. It gave the place an airy and springy feel and gave me inspiration to get back into my groove.

And who doesn't like a hot shower or bath? On my worst days of being cranky, bored, or losing the luster for life I hope in the shower to feel the relief. As cheesy as this sounds with the pun not intended, a shower washes away my troubles sometimes.

Again these are not the worst days, just ones the seems to lose their luster and really seems to suck for no reason other than to be a bad day. Take a step back and make sure to breathe. Go out for a walk or snuggle in bed.

Stay Creative and Inspired

~Nata

No comments:

Post a Comment